Work for Flipside Festival
FlipSide needs you!
We’re deep in planning for FlipSide 2017, and hope that you can join us in October. This is the place to find out all about volunteering for FlipSide, and all the brilliant experience and insight you'll get into the inner workings of our marvellous large scale arts event.
FlipSide is a family festival of music, literature, dance and art with a Brazilian Beat.
We can only make the festival fabulous if we get the planning right and beneath all the excitement needs to be a well oiled machine, making the festival run smoothly, keeping everyone safe and happy and we couldn’t do this without YOU our wonderful volunteers contributing to making FlipSide 2017 the best yet!
The Lowetsoft festival takes place on 24/25/26 October, and we need volunteers for 23, 24, 25 & 26 October 2017; the more days you can do the better!
Volunteers are right at the heart of the Festival. You're the first people our audience see as they arrive, and the last to wave them off as they leave. We are determined to create a volunteer experience that adds to your skills and experience, provides a truly valuable addition to your CV, helps you to grow as a person, and leaves you with some great memories.
We have volunteering opportunities in our jungle tent, with arts practioners delivering workshops, in the market place (with the live music) in the Marina theatre and in the library.
Volunteering at FlipSide offers:
- An immersive, intense experience of what working at a large scale arts event entails.
- Concrete training in lots of areas of event delivery. This could include customer service, event administration, rigging and installation of props, performance, artist liaison.
- Access to a huge range of some of talented individuals as well as the chance to meet some of our festival partners
- The opportunity to attend some of the events
- The chance to make friends and spend the half-term week with a quite unique gang of like-minded creative people, passionate about the arts and events
- References. We’re more than happy to provide evidence and glowing references to document your time spent with us. Just let us know what you need.
- The warm, fuzzy feeling of knowing that without you we couldn’t create such a fantastic experience for our audience and artistes. Without you we just couldn’t put this on.
Getting to FlipSide Lowestoft
There is a train from Ipswich to Lowestoft and also from Norwich; the train station is a short walk from the festival site. Due to the nature of the site it is not possible to camp there however there are accommodation options nearby and we'd be happy to help you source something.
Please email email@example.com with your name, age, dates available, CV (or previous experience), any DBS checks and the area you would prefer to be assigned to, we'll be in touch!